Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beef and Broccoli


I love beef with broccoli.

I order it every time I go to Panda Express. Tonight I was craving it, but due to the fact that Panda Express isn't the healthiest place on the planet, I decided to find a recipe to make at home.

This one sounded easy enough so I gave it a try. I changed a few things to better suit mine and Dan's tastes, and it was so yummy!


Ingredients
:

  • 1 lb round steak thinkly sliced
  • 1 TBL olive oil
  • salt and garlic pepper to taste
  • 1 onion thinly sliced
  • 2 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped
  • 1 (10 3/4) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 3 TBL soy sauce
FYI: Winco sells steak already perfectly sliced. It's called "Beef Stir Fry". You can find it by all the other beef. It's tender, the same price as buying a full steak, and it saves time.

To prepare:

1. In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat, stir in the steak and season with salt and garlic pepper. Cook until beef is almost completely browned.

2. Stir in onions and saute until tender. Stir in broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, water, and soy sauce. Blend well.

3. Reduce heat and cover. Cook until broccoli is tender or to desired doneness.


This makes four servings. And get this, only 240 calories per serving!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment